The safety of our registrants, volunteers, spectators and staff is a top priority. It is important to adhere to all guidelines listed below to ensure a safe and fun Shamrock experience-
- Only registered participants are allowed on course. Anyone not wearing a race bib will not be allowed on course. There will be checkpoints on course to ensure that everyone on course is registered. If an unregistered person is found to be on course, they will be removed, and risk being banned from all future J&A Racing events.
- Only trained and registered service dogs may accompany registered participants on course.
- Race bibs must be visible while on course at all times. There will be checkpoints located on course ahead of entering military installations, and runners wearing an outer layer for earlier miles of the race will be required to show their bib when entering Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story and SMR (Camp Pendleton).
- Backpacks are not permitted anywhere in the starting area, on the race course or near the finish line. Dry bag trucks are available to hold participant belongings while on course. There will be checkpoints located on course ahead of entering military installations, and any participant wearing a backpack will be instructed to remove it prior to entering.
- Participants are required to stay on the closed race course. Exiting the course to explore a neighborhood is not permitted. Please note that participants are very fortunate to run through two working military bases- please respect our service members and stay on course while running through.
- Race porta potties are located at the start area, at each mile marker along the course and at the post race celebration. Additionally, some public restrooms are available along the oceanfront. Please respect the Virginia Beach Community and use those facilities when necessary.
Please adhere to the guidelines listed below regarding hydration tools allowed on course-