The double loop 8k course is flat and fast and the perfect place for a PR (personal record). The race is limited to 10,000 participants and will feature a wave start. The scenic course is on paved roads in the heart of the resort area of Virginia Beach, and the compact nature of the course results in thousands of excited fans cheering you on as you run or walk! The TowneBank Shamrock 8k finishes on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk, just past the majestic figure of King Neptune, and with the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop. A Shamrockin’ post race party on the beach awaits all finishers and guests.
TowneBank Shamrock 8k course map–Course Certification No: VA09001MS
Water will be located at each hydration station. They will be located at (approximately) miles 1.5 and 3.
TowneBank Shamrock 8k Quick Facts
- There is not an age limit on the 8k race (except the 8k Middle School Challenge–you must be in Middle School to participate)
- The course time limit is 2 hours
- The 8k starts at 7:45 am on Saturday March 15, 2014 at 30th street and Pacific Avenue
- The participant limit is 10,000 runners
- If you are 16 or older, you must have your ID to pick up your race number – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are picking up race numbers for others, you must have your ID, a note from the person you are picking up for authorizing you to pick up their packet and a copy of their ID – NO EXCEPTIONS.
TowneBank Shamrock 8k Elite For A Day
The Yuengling Shamrock Marathon will select one lucky participant to be an Elite for a Day during the TowneBank Shamrock 8k on March 15, 2014! Click here for details.