The Anthem Shamrock Half Marathon is flat and fast, making it the perfect place for a PR (personal record). Participants will enjoy spectators and entertainment along the course as well as a festive finish line celebration.
The half marathon loop course takes you north from the Virginia Beach resort area past welcoming neighborhoods. The course then traverses tree-lined Shore Drive as it winds along First Landing State Park on its way to Joint Expeditionary Base, Ft. Story. In Ft. Story participants will pass by the site where John Smith, Christopher Newport, John Rolfe and the other Jamestown colonists first landed in America in 1607, and by Cape Henry Lighthouse–the oldest standing lighthouse in the United States. The course then heads south again for a finish on the world famous Virginia Beach Boardwalk, just past the majestic figure of King Neptune, with the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop. A Shamrockin’ post-race party on the beach awaits all finishers and guests.
Course Certification No: VA16005RT
Water and Nuun Hydration will be located at each hydration station. Hydration stations will be located every 1.5 miles along the course. Honey Stinger Gels will be available before mile 6 on the half marathon course.
Anthem Shamrock Half Marathon Quick Facts
- You must be at least 12 years old on race day to participate in the half marathon
- The course time limit is 4 hours (18:19 per mile pace)
- The half marathon starts at 7:30am at 42nd Street and Atlantic Avenue
- The participant limit is 10,000 runners
- If you are 16 or older, you must have your ID to pick up your race number – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are picking up race numbers for others, you must have your ID, an authorization form completed by the participant, and a copy of their ID – NO EXCEPTIONS.