The half marathon loop course takes you north from the Virginia Beach resort area past welcoming residential neighborhoods and then along tree-lined Shore Drive, adjacent to First Landing State Park, on its way to Joint Expeditionary Base, Ft. Story. In Ft. Story, participants will pass by the site where John Smith, Christopher Newport, John Rolfe and the other Jamestown colonists first landed in America in 1607, and by the Cape Henry light house–the oldest standing light house in the United States. The course then heads south again for a finish on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk, just past the majestic figure of King Neptune, and with the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop. A Shamrockin’ post race party on the beach awaits all finishers and guests. The half marathon course is flat and the perfect place for a PR (personal record).
Anthem Shamrock Half Marathon course map–Course Certification No: VA05029RT
Water and lemon-lime flavored gatorade will be located at each hydration station. They will be located every 1.5 miles along the course. GU energy gels will be available at mile 6 on the half marathon course (flavors TBD).
Anthem Shamrock Half Marathon Quick Facts
- You must be at least 12 years old on race day to participate in the half marathon
- The course time limit is 4 hours (18:19 per mile pace)
- The half marathon starts at 7:00 am on Sunday March 22, 2015 at 42nd street and Atlantic Avenue
- The participant limit is 10,000 runners
- If you are 16 or older, you must have your ID to pick up your race number – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are picking up race numbers for others, you must have your ID, a note from the person you are picking up for authorizing you to pick up their packet and a copy of their ID – NO EXCEPTIONS.