Volunteer group registration for the 2019 Yuengling Shamrock Marathon Weekend is now open. Group registration will be open from now through the event weekend until all volunteer positions have been filled.
- Volunteer groups can be from companies, churches, athletic teams, civic leagues, cultural organizations, running clubs, charities, military commands, or any similar organization.
- Each volunteer group must designate a volunteer group leader.
Group leader responsibilities are as follows:
- Communicate with J&A Racing staff prior to, during, and after the event.
- Help with volunteer recruitment, group roster submissions, and race day information dissemination.
- Designate one person (if not the group leader) to be the race weekend point of contact. This person must have a cell phone in order to communicate with J&A Racing staff.
- Chronicle the group’s experience with photos so that we can add them to the volunteer group highlight on J&A Racing’s website and Facebook page.
- Monitor the weather as the event approaches and dress accordingly.
- Regardless of any and all weather conditions, prepare your group and have them show up to their assignment with a smile, ready to spread positivity and enthusiasm for the event.
- Personalized letters of community service for each volunteer for their records.
- Volunteer t-shirt for each group volunteer
- Volunteer group could be highlighted on J&A Racing’s:
- Facebook page
- Instagram page
- Twitter feed
- Access to the virtual runner goodie bag for every group volunteer.
- Opportunity for the group to give back to the community and make a difference in the lives of others, build camaraderie and team chemistry, and showcase to the community who the group is and what your group does.
- Volunteer group may qualify for a donation from J&A Racing. Please contact J&A Racing’s Director of Community Engagement, Heather McKeating, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding those qualifications.