The Yuengling Shamrock Marathon will select one lucky participant to be an Elite for a Day during the TowneBank Shamrock 8k on March 15, 2014! The participant will still run the 4.97 mile course, but will be given a head start based on his or her predicted finish time and past performances. If that lucky participant can reach the finish line first, he or she will claim a $1,000 prize! All other runners start at the regularly scheduled time. Should someone in the field overtake our lucky participant and get to the finish line first, he or she will receive the $1,000 Challenge prize AND the 8k champion’s purse.
Contest Rules and Regulations
- There is no additional fee for the TowneBank Shamrock 8K Elite For A Day.
- All participants registered for the TowneBank Shamrock 8k by February 14, 2014, are eligible to enter the Challenge. Participants who choose to enter the Challenge must select YES to the Challenge question during the registration process. Participants already registered may edit their registration to accept the Challenge, but must do so by February 14, 2014.
- One contestant registered for the Challenge will be selected at random on February 15, 2014, and given the chance to try and cross the TowneBank Shamrock 8k finish line first, after receiving a fair and competitive head start.
- If the Challenge contestant is the first to cross the finish line, he or she will receive the $1,000 Challenge prize.
- If a participant in the “chase” pack is the first to cross the finish line, he or she will receive the $1,000 Challenge prize in addition to the $1,000 champion’s purse.
- For purposes of the TowneBank Shamrock 8K Elite For A Day, only gun finish times will be considered.
- The selected Challenge contestant must be available for photos, press conferences and other media requests leading up to the event, during the event, and after the event as advised by J&A Racing.
- J&A Racing is authorized to promote the Challenge contestant with the use of photos, videos, etc. through, print, television, radio, web, and social media outlets.
- J&A Employees, Yuengling Shamrock Marathon Weekend sponsors, and Shamrock committee members are not eligible to participate in the TowneBank Shamrock 8K Elite For A Day.