1. If you purchased the Registration Fee Reimbursement Plan during registration, you may be eligible for a refund through that service. Contact them by calling 1-888-596-3407 or email them at EventRefund@Transamerica.com.
2. NO transfers of entry to another person. J & A Racing Inc. has a no transfer policy. It is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant. If race organizers become aware that a runner has participated in one of our events with a bib that is not registered to that runner, both the runner AND the person whom the bib is registered will be prohibited from participating in subsequent J & A Racing Inc. events for a minimum of two years.
Our past races have been marred by numerous participants running under the guise of someone else’s race number. While this may seem harmless to the parties perpetrating the unauthorized bib transfer, it does convey serious consequences to the organizers and participant field alike.
From race results to finishers’ awards being impacted as well as medical staff being able to correctly identify participants in need of treatment, it is imperative that the registration data associated with your race number does in fact belong to you, the participant.
3. Participants must be at least 16 years of age on March 16, 2014 to participate in the marathon and at least 12 years of age on March 16, 2014 to participate in the half marathon.
4. After February 28, 2015 we can no longer make changes to teams. You can still create teams and join teams on your own, but our staff cannot switch you from an individual category to a team category.
5. Can’t make it to any of our packet pick up times or don’t have a friend to pick it up for you? No problem! Sign up for our goody bag drop off. For $30.00 we’ll drop off your race shirt, goody bag, and bib number at your hotel (oceanfront hotels only). The deadline to register for this is Thursday, March 19th at 11:59PM. Sign up for goody bag drop off here. You will need your registration confirmation number and you will select the item that says “Hotel Packet Delivery.”
6. Signed up to run, but now you can’t make it? Defer your race entry to the 2016 event! For $30.00 (Marathon and Anthem Half Marathon) and $15.00 (TowneBank 8k), we’ll roll your entry over to the following year. The deadline to defer your entry to 2016 is March 11 at 11:59 pm.
7. If you would like to switch races (i.e. marathon to half marathon) or update your entry information, you can do so by clicking here. All you need is your confirmation number and date of birth. You will be charged the difference in entry fees from what you previously paid for your current race category to the current fee for the new race category you are transferring into. After February 23, 2015 there is a $25.00 processing fee for ANY changes to your registration (this is in addition to any difference in entry fee payments). **Once a race has sold out, you can no longer transfer to that event. As well, you are not allowed to run an event other than the one you are registered for. Should you do that, you will be subject to the ban outlined in rule number 2.
8. Important packet pick up information– If you are 16 or older, you must have your ID to pick up your race number – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are picking up race numbers for others, you must have your ID, a note from the person you are picking up for authorizing you to pick up their packet and a copy of their ID – NO EXCEPTIONS.